In Times Like These
This time in our country is unprecedented. Trying to do life, church, and community during the Covid-19 pandemic is a new challenge. The staff and Church Council of Gloria Dei are determined to help you to navigate the challenges you’re facing. Paul wrote to Timothy when facing challenging times, “for God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7 NRSV). May God’s Spirit inspire us to face these new circumstances with power, love and self-discipline.
We are determined to LOVE WITHOUT BEING FOOLISH. We will follow the restrictions that have been enacted for the sake of public health. Therefore effective immediately through April 1, do not come to the Gloria Dei church building to attend worship. We will not be gathering as we are accustomed to doing.
But we are still gathering . . .
We are already ramping up our presence online.
- Please join us Sunday mornings on Facebook for the livestreaming of worship services at 8am and 10:30am.
- Morning devotions and mid-week Lenten messages will also be available via our Facebook page.
- Sunday School and Confirmation students, check your e-mail. Materials are being sent to you to keep you on schedule!
- Parents and grandparents, use our RightNow Media video library. There are scores of videos for kids and videos that address parenting and family life.
- Looking for good Bible teaching, RightNow Media has plenty there too.
- Business leaders, RightNow Media has a whole section dedicated to work and business leadership.
- If you need help logging in, contact the church office at (608) 372-4758.
Challenging times are also times of growth. Take advantage of these days to learn new ways to love your neighbor as yourself. Use the telephone; send a card; use Skype, Facetime, Facebook or other electronic means. Respect your neighbor by following the guidelines of our elected leaders. Don’t be foolish. Be creative instead. Follow Jesus boldly.
Through this, I urge you to be people of prayer. Conversation with God and meditation on God’s Word prepares us to act with solid direction – in “power, love and self-discipline” as Paul wrote to Timothy. Love boldly without being foolish.
Keep and Live the Faith!
-Pr. David Dahl
September 02, 2023
July 12, 2023
May 31, 2023